2021 Opportunity X Science Fair
2021 Science Fair Announcement
We’d like to announce our annual Science Fair, set to happen on May 29th!
Opportunity X has helped dedicated students work on their science research projects over the past few months. Our students are now looking forward to presenting their science research discoveries. The 2021 Opportunity X Science Fair will be conducted virtually over Zoom, and we welcome students from all backgrounds and locations to participate including those not currently enrolled in an Opportunity X Research Program. We’ve organized a variety of interactive activities for students and teachers, including experiments, discussions, and speaker events. The winners will receive prizes as well! Find out how to register below.
Event Name: 2021 Opportunity X Science Fair
Date: May 29, 2021
Time: 1-4PM PDT
Participants: Students, teachers, families, and volunteers
1:00-1:15 Introduction, Ice breaker
1:15-1:45 Guest Speaker Talks
1:45-2:15 Student project presentation
2:15-2:45 Science experiments,
Parent and teacher discussions
Games and bonding activities
2:45-3:00 Award ceremony
Project Submission Form
Students please submit the link to your presentation video (uploaded to YouTube) and the link to your slides.
One First Prize Winner: $100 each team
Two Second Prize Winners: $75 each team
Three Third Prize Winners: $50 each team
Special Awards: $25 each team
1. Students must submit 5-10 minute videos to present their projects. The video should include an introduction, with the student's name, school, and grade level, and the background information, materials, methods, results, and discussion of the science project. If the student has a poster board or any objects related to the experiment, they should be included.
2. Students must be grades 6-8.
3. The deadline for submission is May 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT.
4. Group or individual projects are both okay. Make sure to introduce all members of the team, though!
5. Visual aids are allowed.
6. Please wear an appropriate outfit! Remember that this is a formal presentation.
7. Winners of the fair will be announced at the science fair on May 29, 2021 and will also be recognized on the website.
8. We encourage students from groups historically underrepresented in STEM fields to participate.
We’re inviting panelists and keynote speakers, who will interact with our attendees! Stay tuned for more information.
Our volunteers have planed fun experiments, games and discussions for both the students and their parents and teachers. Stay tuned for more information.